Sunday, September 21, 2014

Meditations of Proverbs 17:17

I watched a friend set sail as I did
I watched a similar storm sink his boat.
Being built from my brokenness on the shore,
Now, I watch him swim with the same hope

That I once had when my boat was sunk.
I swam to stay afloat,
And in blind desperation,
I searched for safety in a sea-bottomed boat.

Do I just stand and watch
Trusting that he will find his way,
Or do I swim out and help him
Encouraging him in this season, slay?

Conflicted by the task at hand,
The Lord puts them on hold
Pointing me to my friend,
“Swim the storm; be bold!”

“Teach him what I have taught you,
How to stop fighting to stop trying.
Show him the hope you found
In the midst of your crying.”

“When he’s breathing water,
Point him to air.
When his muscles cramp,
Swim strong, and hold him right there.”

“Don’t pull him from the waves,
Every one has great meaning.
Let them fulfill their purpose
Even if they cause bleeding,”

“And remember your storm,
Every wave controlling your fate.
Remember who I am,
My promises over your boats were Great!”


“Remember my faithfulness
In your rejection of my help.
Remember the struggle
When you relied on your self.”

“Let these remembrances of your storm
Produce a deeper love for your friend,
Knowing that I’m producing in him,
More than he can comprehend”

“So go on now,
Swim in trust
That this storm for him
Like yours, is a must.”

No comments:

Post a Comment